Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Romantic Grand Canyon Trip

Thankfully my mom was willing, or more aptly put, eager to take the boys for a few days and William and I got to have a solo vacation!  It was wonderful!  We spent four night camping at the Grand Canyon.  Yes you heard me right, we camped!  Normally it would have been amazing, but it was really cold the weekend we chose to be there.  Our camping bags were for 40 degrees and it got down to the low 20's.  So after spending two freezing nights we drove 1 1/2 to Flagstaff and bought new sleeping bags!  It is amazing how when you get the right gear its not so bad anymore.  Really though we had a great time seeing all the views that the canyon had to offer.  On the second day we even hiked the canyon.  We hiked four miles down and then four very long miles back up!  Poor William literally had to pull me back up the mountain!  There were many adventurous souls who had hiked all the way down and back up in one day!  They hiked a total of 17-18 miles!!  They were a lot of fun to talk to while taking breaks.  I could see the eagerness in Williams eyes of wanting to do the same.  I told he'd have to get some buddies to go do that with.  Eight miles were more than enough for me!  

I told you this was our romantic trip!
The happy couple on our last full day at the canyon!  It finally warmed up enough to wear a short sleeve, but only in the sun!
We are hiking the canyon here.
Seriously so cold!!
I think we both have our eyes closed here!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

That's so fun you could go alone and do adult hikes, instead of shorter kid friendly ones.