James was so excited to go to school this year. He watched very impatiently all last year while his brother went to school. He would cry when I wouldn't let him stay so at the end of last year I promised him that he would start this year. All summer long whenever we passed the CDC he would point and tell us it was his school. We laughed because we passed that school a lot, when I say a lot, I mean a lot. It is at the entrance to our housing development! Then when we went to orientation he cried when it was time to go because it was his school and he wasn't done yet. So yesterday morning when I explained he also needed to get ready to go to school and I got his special shirt out he was beyond thrilled. I didn't have to ask him twice to help me at all. He was so perfect and willing to help. Not the usual James. We get in the car and he sang all the way to school, we took some pictures and he continued to sing. He sang until we got on the play ground with the rest of the kids. Then he just smiled, gave me a hug and a kiss like he had seen his brother do and then he was off. I stayed and talked to some of the mothers and took a few pictures, but he didn't look back for me once! When I went to pick him up he was so content to stay and play, but went home with me willingly. He loved his first day of school. I am so happy. I was able to scrub the bathrooms and give them a deep cleaning while the kids were gone. It was fabulous!
His picture in front of the building.
Being so cute! He picked his own shirt out at the store and couldn't wait to be allowed to wear it. He was thrilled to put it on.
A picture with his teacher.
Riding bikes with the other kids in his class.
Then he found the sand pit! He was so happy to play in the sand with the bobs. He was very content when I left.
3 comments:
too cute! :)
Such a big boy! All my grandbabies are growing up!!!
I love these pics! James is so big! Gives me some great ideas for when Logan starts school, I loved the idea with buying a special school shirt just for the first day. Great commentary too!
Post a Comment