Friday, February 4, 2011

The amazing William

So once again I am taking to my blog to trumpet the accomplishments of my husband. Today I was super excited because for the first time in 4 years I was able to witness my husband receive a medal. Now it is not his first medal, but I have never been able to make it due to having kids with me, but by some magical miracle they both were in school!! He received it in commanders call. Which is when they make every one go into a room and they brief them on all the new things and remind them of all the old things. But in the beginning the Colonel walked in we all stood up and he called William up front. He immediately went into what a wonderful soldier William is and that he was receiving the Air Force Accommodation medal. He then went on to list all the things William has been able to do for the Range Wing since becoming an NCO, noncommissioned officer, a Staff Sergeant. It actually made me tear up hearing how proud his Commanding Officer is of him. This is actually huge for us since William hasn't won anything since becoming the 2009 Airman of the Year for the Warfare Center. Not that he hasn't deserved it but things tend to cool off when you win a huge award. I take that back William did win something while at the Airman Leadership School. But this is still huge. I am very proud of my husband and how much he loves his job. I am thankful that he is supported at work and that they recognize all that he does. What a wonderful blessing for us. William is continuing in his education. He will graduate with his bachelors in August but his last class ends June 25th. I am so proud of him and I am excited for the end of June when I may have my husband back!!

An old picture but it will do!

2 comments:

WineLover said...

Congratulations!! That is fantastic! William Rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my little boy!!! He is doing really great and I always knew he would. Thank you for supporting him through all of this!