Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Update

I realize its been a while since I posted something and we have a lot to update.

Lil'Will: Lil'Will successfully graduated from Kindergarten. He was so excited to graduate and can hardly wait to be a big first grader. To keep his skills sharp he reads up a book each day. He is doing really well. We have also been spending a lot of time at the pool and Lil'Will is my fish. His goal is to swim well enough that he can go down the slide by himself. So far he can swim half way across the width of the olympic sized pool by himself. He is doing great!!

James: James had an end of year party at preschool and was thrilled to have mom and dad there with him. At first he was shy and then he took off and we didn't see him again until it was time to go. He is thrilled that it is summer. We've been staying up later than usual and he crawls into bed with me after William leaves for work than sleeps until 9 or 10!! I love all the extra snuggle time I get with him, but it is bad since I am already a night owl. Sleeping in that late is not good for me. James is still in love with everything Lil'Will does and wants to be just like him. This in turn drives Lil'Will nuts. Yesterday I heard Lil'Will tell James, "I know I am awesome, but you can't be me!" We may need to work with Lil'Will on humility. James is still the ladies man. He recently told me that he would rather play with a friend who is a girl than go to Legoland!! We definitely have our work cut out with him.

William: Will has been chugging along at school. I had posted a while back that William would be done this weekend. Unfortunately, one of his classes wasn't available in May and didn't start until June. So he will finish school at the end of July. Just in time for the baby to come. I am still thrilled that he will only have one class for the month of July. It will be a nice transition for him being able to come home more. William also won another award. It was the Wetzel award, given by the Las Vegas Rotary club. Mr. Scotty Wetzel was a former Colonel in the air force. When he retired he joined the Rotary club and became and very important member. After he passed away the club formed the Wetzel award in his honor. It is given to Airman who show is spirit and giving attitude. With the award came an amazing package. William was given $150 to eat at Lowry's, The Prime Rib restaurant, they also had a rotary lunch there and he said it was wonderful, 2 tickets to see Legend in Concert, a tribute show, 2 tickets to see blue man group and $150 gift card for use at any of the station casinos. Basically they gave us a great night out and a room!! At work William has been working hard as the 98th Range Wing changed into the Nevada Test and Training Range. They had a change of command and all of the security badges and paperwork has had to be changed to the new name and colonel. At the same time two of his coworkers have had emergencies and left him in charge of the office. So needless to say it has been very busy for him between work and school.

Emily: I am thrilled to have a summer break. The baby likes to sleep in the morning and I enjoy the extra time to lounge in the morning. The boys and I have kept very busy going to the pool, getting the house ready for the baby and Dr. appointments. The pool has allowed me to get a tan and take some of the swelling out of my ankles. A win- win situation. I am fully nesting now. We have put together the baby's room. We bought and painted a dresser that is adorable. I have also gotten off my behind and finally hung all the pictures and decorations in the house. This is something that William is thrilled with since there are no more boxes taking room in our living room. We redid the boys bedroom and took down the bunk beds so they have two twin beds. We hung up curtains and put up pictures. I am thrilled since their room no longer looks like a college dorm room!! Lol! This baby takes a lot of appointments. I see my normal OB every two weeks now and I see the specialist twice a week. So every other week I am at the Dr.'s office three times!! As you can imagine it has been hard to find sitters for the boys for something that I do so regularly. The boys have been amazing while at the appointments. I now pack a bag with treats and toys and a dvd player. It seems to be working so far. Plus for the non-stress test they put us in a room with a lounge chair for me and a tv for the boys. They love it!! They even bring the boys snacks and juice. Its a great time for them!! I only wish the Dr.'s didn't work across town. By the time I drive through traffic (with construction) and wait in the waiting room with the boys my blood pressure is high. I now have to take my blood pressure here at home twice a day. I also asked to be put on insulin. I really didn't like how the glyburide was making me feel. I freaked myself out the first time I shot myself up with the insulin. Of course it didn't hurt at all and I am thrilled to have more control of my sugars.

I have finally found the battery charger to the camera so hopefully the next time I post I can put up some pictures! I hope you all are having as great of a summer as us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Emily! You are doing a wonderful and important work with those boys!