Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pictures of our veteran!

So I know that I wanted to post this on Tuesday but obviously that didn't happen so I am posting it now.  William has recently sent me some pictures.  So what a better way to celebrate Veteran's Day than with pictures of our very own veteran!  

William and his group recently found this mortar.  Again it is a very big find.  They found it in a corn field.
Here he is with the dismount guys in the corn field where they found the mortar.
Resting in a mud building
here he is looking through the window in the mud hut
Again with his dismount crew, no I don't know what that means, that is the Tigeris river behind them.
yes this is my husband with his head in a hole!  No he isn't an ostrich, he is the super smart one looking for anything hidden in the dark scary hole!
Will in front of the Tigeris river
A good picture of his face.  This is the Army uniform
Here he is with the mortar plate.  He is wearing a flight suit in this picture, what the pilots wear.  When off base they have to wear these since their Abu's are flame retardant.  They have been given some Army uniforms to wear as well since they are flame retardant.  In a few weeks he will get more Abu's that are flame retardant so he will come home with three new styles of uniforms!  Crazy huh?!

3 comments:

WineLover said...

Big hugs, kisses and Thank You's to Uncle Will!!! and all our military out there!

Shawn and Mish said...

Thanks Em! I hope you're doing well! Tell Will our family appreciates his service, and your sacrifice!

Anonymous said...

So good to see pic's of him and hear un update!!! Thanks!!