Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sick Baby James


Today Baby James woke up with a little fever.  But as the day went on his fever got worse.  We couldn't find the thermometer which always seems to happen when the boys get sick.  So William ran out and got a thermometer and it read 104.2!  We quickly put him a bath and it only went down a degree, but it allowed him to take a small nap.  After the nap his temp went back up and so I took him to the ER.  There his temp read 104.9!  It was so scary!  I had to take off all of his clothes and they ordered a chest x-ray, a blood culture and then an antibiotic shot! The worst part was collecting the blood for the blood culture.  It took three nurses and me to hold him down and three pricks before they got the blood!  After all that they said he had a small ear infection, but that would not have caused his fever to spike so high.  So tonight I have to take his temp every three hours and give him medicine as long as he has a fever.  It will be very tiring and then in the morning take him back, but this time to pediatrics center to be seen by a doctor.  Hopefully his little body didn't like the ear ache and that is all and he doesn't have any weird disease!  But we did find out that our little boy weighs 33.3 pounds!  Everyone in the ER kept telling what a big boy I have!  I thought that was funny cause I know how big he is, I pick him up quite a lot!  In fact I have a nice set of guns from picking up this little boy!  So please keep him in your prayers!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry he's so sick. I hope he feels better really fast - for his sake and yours!
On a lighter note, he weighs as much as Camden, who is 5! Granted, Camden is a lightweight...

Carol at WRESA said...

Oh, no!!! Please keep us up to date! Poor baby James! Amy's temperature went to the end of the thermometer one time when she was a baby and I about freaked. We took her to the ER and they sat her in a sink of cool water and I had to poor the cool water over her back for twenty minutes while she screamed and screamed. It was the longest twenty minutes of my life!

Amy Hendrix said...

I am so sorry! Olivia has been very sick too Last Sunday she woke up with a small fever and then on Monday it was 103.2! I thought it was her ear so I took her to the Drs. no she was fine they couldn't find why she was so sick.... Long story short Tylenol every 4 hours and Motrin every 6 around the clock for 6 days her fever lasted. on the 7th day she got a full body rash!
I am also sooo tired. two weeks before she also had a ear infection, so my prayers are with you!!!