Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little morbid, but very cute!

I was having a discussion on why Mommy has been on the phone a lot lately with the boys and that I was sorry that was not able to give them the attention that they wanted, but that Mommy was on the phone cause Papaw is real sick and that Mommy is worried and that she needs to talk to lots of family. Will then asked why Papaw was sick and I told him that Papaw has cancer, so of course he wanted to know what cancer was. I tried to explain it in a way that a four year old may understand, So I told him that our bodies are made of cells and that some of Papaws cells don't want to be body cells anymore, they want to be something else. This is the best part. . . Lil'Will then states that it is just like Wolverine!! He then decides to tell me that he doesn't want Papaw to turn into Wolverine, even though that would be awesome!! He also went on about how cancer can turn people into cars (i.e transformers), animals ( like bolt), and (my favorite) batman! I love my boys they can always turn my frown upside down!

I know that I am mentioning this very light heartedly, but we are very upset with my fathers diagnosis and we would greatly appreciate all prayers. It is something that we are trying to understand and hoping for the best!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Em! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We will definitely include him - and you! - in our prayers. And I'm so glad you've got those sweet boys to help you through trying times. What a blessing children are!

Carol at WRESA said...

Emily, Gary and I are rememberng your dad in ALL our prayers!

I love Lil' Will's answers! He is BRILLIANT!

Amy Hendrix said...

Emily! Call me I so can be an ear to lean on! Oh never mind I'll just call to check on you! I Love you so much and so does your Heavenly Father! We are given only what we can handle, so please know our prayers are with you and your Dad at this time. What about a family fast?