We were so excited to go to swim lessons on Monday. We talked about it for days before and we could hardly wait to get there on Monday morning. We show up at 8 am, the time I was told, to find out no one is there. So I see on the board that classes don't start until 8:30. So we go and do an errand and come back. We then find out that Will's classes doesn't start until 9:30! So we go to breakfast and come back again! When we get there we see all these 5 and 6 year olds getting ready to swim. So I go up to the instructor and say I don't think my child is ready for this class. He tells me that he will keep a good eye on him and that if it is to advanced he just pull him out and he can take the one that is lower. I go ok, but I am still feeling unsure about it. So sure enough they go into the water and it is way to advanced. I wanted to go get him, but I remembered what the instructor said, that he'd make the decision. Well sure enough they weren't watching him and he pulled away from the wall. We watched his head bob up and down. It was terrifying. William then jumped into the pool and pulled Lil'Will out. We gathered our stuff and left. William had our camera and his cell phone in his pocket. The camera is dead but some how his phone started to work again. So here are some of the pictures that we were able to save from the memory card. The pool called and talked to me later in the day to make sure that Lil'Will was ok and to say that he was placed in level one class. So yesterday we took him back for the level one class and he did marvelous. I was super scared the whole time and we watched him like a hawk, but the instructor almost always had him or was watching to make sure he didn't leave the side of the pool. He loved it. His attention span wasn't all that long, but he could do everything they asked. I am very happy that he did well, because he really has no fears and I didn't want him to develop one with water. So here are some pictures of Lil'Will's first swim lesson.
Here they are trying to get him to float on his back! He wouldn't lay his legs straight.
Looking all cute holding onto the side of pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment