Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A mother's lullaby

I have always sung my children to sleep, that is if they don't fall asleep nursing. Lil'Will almost always fell asleep and so I didn't need to sing to him. Yet even now if he is fussy and wont sleep I can go in his room and rub his back and sing to him and he'll calm down enough to fall asleep. With all this said I have to say though that I never truly understood the power of a lullaby until James. James will fall asleep while he nurses sometimes, but almost always wakes up when he is done, so I have had to sing him to sleep, while rocking him. I am amazed at how he can be wide awake with his legs kicking and his arms flailing, then mommy will start to sing and he'll almost instantly calm down and his eyes will droop and before I know it he's breathing heavy. The reason I am amazed may be because I don't have a great voice. When I am singing I creak and wobble through, I am a child of God and Families can be together forever. Yet it always works with out fail! Thank goodness to children who don't know what good singing is and God bless all those that have to hear me sing!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh how sweet! Em, you are WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mommy! Your little guys are so cute!!