Friday, February 15, 2008
No Lasik for mommy :(
I had my consultation for Lasik eye surgery today. When we went in they handed me a couple forms to fill out and a questionaire. Well, I flunked out by answering that I am a nursing mother. The receptionist said that I can't get the surgery or even come back for the consult until 6 weeks have passed after I finish nursing James. They said that the steroids that they give you get in the milk and thats obviously not good for the baby. I was super depressed since I wasn't even able to have the consult at all, they said to come back. So we have decided to put our tax return in our savings account and wait. I was just looking forward to the opportunity to see with out glasses or contacts. The most depressing thing was that we had been waiting to buy me contacts and so when we left the office we went to Sam's Club and bought a six month supply of contacts! I didn't know this before but Sam's Club has great prices on thier contacts! Just a tip for anyone who buys contacts. I also bought some more photo paper and that perked me up. So now I can print out some of the super cute pictures of the boys. Funny how simple minded I am! No lasik, so sad! Ooh, Photo paper, so happy now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, you've been on a roll here! I had the Lasik about 10 years ago - I was 20/25 but now I am starting to have some changes again. But it has been great and I love it so I hope you get back there after J is done nursing!
aw, poor em! cj wants to get lasik too eventually, so he somewhat feels your pain. just not the nursing mother part. :D
Post a Comment