Thursday, October 8, 2009

Running Day 17

Tonight I actually didn't truly dread running. I mean I still put it off until the last very minute that I possibly could, but not because I didn't want to go, but because it is a habit. Tank and I went a new route tonight. Tank did not like this. He likes the old route where he knows all the dogs and the smells. Well tonight we left the neighborhood and went on base. We stayed close to the neighborhood. We went up and out of the neighborhood and took a bike trail to freedom park then ran around freedom park and back to our house. Tank wasn't fond of this route because he kept thinking another dog was following us, his shadow. It really unnerved him. Then we saw several bunnies that made him scared too! So much for my big watch dog! The one part about the new route I was on was that the sprinklers were on at freedom park and as I ran past one it decided to turn and hit me square in my face. It was not a sprinkle but a full hose into my face!! I then had to run the rest of the way sopping wet! I may have to rethink parts of this route since i don't want to get wet when it is cold! I did love how everthing was new and I wasn't bored by where I was. I had to think of where to go next. The bad part is that I have no idea how far i went. I guess I will have to clock it in the car. My legs are sore and I have an early morning tomorrow. Off to bed for me!

No comments: