Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tank and the Cold


I can't believe I have actually run 10 days in a row! That is super crazy. In celebration of having run 10 days in a row I brought a special running partner with me, Tank. Since Nana is visiting our loved ones in Rhode Island, which we are jealous that we don't get to go, we have the honor of sharing our home with Tank. For those of you who don't know Tank is a huge Golden Retriever. He is probably the longest dog I have ever lived with. I am always running into him twice. The first time by accident and then the second time cause I see most of him and think he has moved, but he hasn't moved far enough. He is a joy to have around and he keeps the puggies up and running for most of the day. The boys love him cause they can ride him like a horse and he loves it! Well, since he is a large dog and we have a small yard William and I decided that one would run with him in the morning and the other at night. William drove Mom and Trent to the airport this morning and got stuck in bad traffic coming home so he missed running with Tank this morning, so I had to bring the big boy with me tonight. He was so good. I was afraid that he was going to have to stop to go the bathroom, cause the pugs would, or that he would bark at all the other dogs while running past their homes, but he was wonderful and he never barked! I loved having him with me cause he made me run faster, by pulling me through the neighborhood. It made me laugh cause he never made it past a slight jog, so I am sure that I didn't wear him out that much, but it brought some much needed speed to my work out.

Also tonight we went out to Toys R Us to see what Lil'Will would like for his birthday. We had so much fun watching the boys run up and down the aisles. It really is like a dream for them to just look and touch all these great toys. What made me laugh was that Lil'Will wanted whatever was in front of him, even if he already owns it! But it did give us some good ideas for us when we go back tomorrow sans the boys. But the best part of the evening was that after Toys R Us we wondered over to Target to get some little odds and ends. When we left the store it was about 9 o'clock and the temperature had dropped. Since we had to walk back to the car which was parked in front of Toys R Us we were outside longer than we normally would be at this time of night and we were freezing!! We were so cold that we were all shivering and we couldn't wait to get in the car to start the heat! William looks at me after we got in the car and says, "look on your phone to see the temp right now. It has got to be at least in the low 50's, brrr". So I look on my phone, while I am turning the heat on high, and I start laughing cause it is only 66 degrees! We were acting like it was 30! William and I both laughed so hard cause we think we can handle the cold, but apparently not! I guess I have to agree with the newscaster, it is definitely sweater weather! I thought you would all enjoy that little story! Have a good laugh at our thin blood!

1 comment:

Amy Hendrix said...

Well if you think that is cold weather then it is time to come home! Thicken that blood back up! Congrats on the running. Two of my kids are VERY sick no sleep for me... keep them in your prayers.
All our love and kisses!!!