Thursday, August 28, 2008
Update on William
William told me today that he will be returning home on Sunday the 31st at 7pm. We are super excited for him to be coming home! Lil'Will and I have already scheduled Sunday so when he gets sad about missing Daddy we talk about what we are going to do on Sunday and it makes him very happy! But the super sad news is that they now have a date and information on when he leaves for Iraq. He will be leaving late on Wednesday the 3rd. So we get about two days with him before he has to leave. The super sad part is that the 3rd is his birthday!! We are asking that if you want to talk to him call on the 1st so that he can have the 2nd just to be with us. I am happy to have a date for his departure, but at the same time my heart is breaking into a million pieces. I can hardly believe that the time has actually come where we wont be able to see him or give him a call. How do I say this . . . It was hard when he left for basic and there was truly no communication except for two letters while he was gone for six weeks, but this is so different. I am not sending my husband to a safe place in the United States. No I am sending him away to a war zone! Or as the Colonel says into an hostel environment, or into harms way. I pray that I am strong enough for this. He will be very missed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We'll be praying for the whole Bennett family! We love you guys!
ugh! I hope your short time with William is wonderful and big prayers to William for his safety and you for your sanity while he's gone - and that the boys do okay!
love you all!
Post a Comment