Friday, March 13, 2009

Signs my Airman is coming home!!

We are so excited for William to come home.  Lil'Will and I talk about it almost every day.  The best part is that we are not planning for it to happen in 6 months but soon so it makes it so much more fun!  I have come up with some signs that my husband will be coming home soon!

1.  Trunks have started to arrive.  These are the one that William has sent home and I have 5 more of these for other airman that live in the dorms and needed a place to mail them.  I am to expect about 10 more!  But I am so thrilled to have him sending things home cause that means that he will be next!

2.  I had some shirts made for Williams homecoming.  I think that these are so cute and that the boys are going to looks so cute meeting Will in them!

3.  I ordered a sign for us to hang up outside for when he comes home.  It has his picture on it and everything!  I can't wait for the day when I get to put it up on our garage cause he is here!!!  I would put up its picture but I haven't received it yet.

4.  We had a welcome home briefing with the other wives in his squadron.  It was all about how to treat your husband when he comes home.  How it will be awkward at first and the resources that the base has to help those that need it. I really hope that I don't need to use any of them.  But only time will tell.

5.  I am organizing the house and trying to clear out the spaces that I know he uses.  So that way when he comes home he has a place to put things.  This one is the hardest for me.  I like having all the drawers in the bathroom for my stuff!  

and the biggest of all the signs. . . 

6.  His replacements have been trained, have left Las Vegas and have arrived in Balad!!  Now they need to be trained for two weeks and he will hopefully be able to leave.  Unfortunately we don't know how long it will take for him to get back.  It took almost two weeks to get to Balad so lets hope it doesn't take that long to get home.  This Mama can't handle to much more!   

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yeah!! So exciting he will be home soon. I'm sure for you it's been long, but it seems like it was just barely that he left. Where has all the time gone?

Trish said...

You have drawers in your bathroom??? SO NOT FAIR!!

Aurie Jenkins said...

thats so exciting! I am so happy for you, I wish I was in your shoes!!! So the shirts are so cute! where did you get that done, I want some for when Noah comes home!!! Youll have to let me know, if you need me to take the boys when he gets home and give you guys some hubby and wiffey time just let me know. :O)

Shawn and Mish said...

Oh boy! I am so excited for you. Now the real work begins, seriously. Sister Homewood always used to tell me that it was harder to have them home....I never believed her. I refused to accept that it might be true. Now, well, lets just say that while I have a greater appreciation and love for my husband, sometimes I have to send him to the library....or the bookstore, long enough to take a breath and get something done! Have fun with him! I can't wait to see pictures of you all back together!