What I want to know is why the first mile is complete drudgery. Why is it so awful that everything in you is like Stop!! Then I get past the first mile and I feel good for about a 1/2 mile until my lungs start burning and want to end all breathing!! William tells me that it gets better after the third mile, but since i haven't gotten that far yet I don't know. Another thing William has told me is that you haven't run far enough or hard enough until you start to taste blood. Now I think that is a little over dramatic and a bunch of bull but I wanted to see what you all had to say on the subject.
Christa I am amazed at your friend who is running 7-10 miles a day!! That is truly amazing to me. I feel like I will never get there. I hope that I will since it helps provide all these great benefits, but 2 miles right now kick my butt!! I hope one day that I will be able to run around 5 miles a day. That is my goal.
4 comments:
Oh, my! Will is certainly dramatic! I tell you what, Emily...if you can do it, I can do it! I begin today!!!!!!
you will get there! I know that she had the same doubts. She has a running group, which I would bet helps - they hit the road at 6am or something crazy. Great incentive though! #3 - the you'll WANT to run every day!! :-)
Yea, I am so excited for you! I know you can do it! A YES on a baby will make you do it no matter what! What about True sickness, did you get a ruling?
The tasting blood thing-It's true! I've never heard it put that way, but now that I have, I've definitely been there! Hey, you should text me when you're going running, maybe I can join you. At least until Oct 10th
Post a Comment