Monday, September 14, 2009

Running

So I am trying to take up running. I have tried in the past and I always stop because I am lazy and I hate it. But I really need to do it now! The doctor has given me an ultimatum saying I need to loose weight and boost my cardio, so therefore I run! Tonight I really didn't want to run in fact I walked the dogs and then talked to my friend, Jessica until 10:30 thinking that I could get out of it. Then I got home and William was already asleep so I thought yea! I am free!! He will never know if I don't run, but then because I would have made the perfect catholic I guilted myself into going for a walk so I wasn't completely lazy and then while walking the short walk up my street I guilted myself into going for a short run. I'd only run part of the way and then walk the end. Well in the end I guilted myself into running the whole thing!! Which is so good. I continued to run cause it was nice and cool for Las Vegas, like low 90's and the sun was down so it was beating on me. I was proud of myself cause at the end I really started to hit a stride where I thought I might be able to run for a while, but then my head was like hello you've already run enough, so I stopped at my door step.

So since I truly hate running, I really, really do! I am asking help from those that read the blog, which is probably a small number, but oh well, I am in need of public harassment to help me keep running. So I will try and post every day if I ran or not and if I didn't I need you all to harass me so that I will just so I don't have to be bothered by you all! I know stupid but I run cause I hate hearing it from William, so I think it will work this way too! I look forward to letting you all know how much I have run and how much I dislike it. I am hoping that I will eventually grow to love it like so many of you do! Pray for me and wish me luck!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Hey, thats interesting, cause for last year I have thinking that I should take up running but too lazy to do it, I walk with Meredith though, so maybe I'll upgrade to running one of these days! Wish we lived close and we could run together :)

Carol at WRESA said...

Emily, good for you! You run girl!!! I used to run and I loved it. Now I am doing good just to walk briskly... But I am trying REALLY hard to control what I eat so I am losing a little weight now and that's good for this fat ole grandma! I will keep encouraging you and that will encourage me!

Amy Hendrix said...

Oh Emily, I so understand I hate running it hurts and also I can feel the not so toned parts moving around!
You go girl, I will try and keep up with your progress, I am way proud of you! What all did the Dr. say? Are you ok? I Love you! Try it Dory style " Just keep running just keep running" Running, Running, Running thats what we do! WE RUN!!!!

WineLover said...

KEEP IT UP EM!!! That is great. My B-team friend, Sheri has taken up running (her blog is posted on ours) and she is up to 7 or 10 miles now!

WineLover said...

By the way, do you have an iPod packed with great running music? Try some Matt & Kim - super fun upbeat music. Makes me WANT to run (but I don't :-)

Anonymous said...

SO...... I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE GOING TO POST EVERY NIGHT THAT YOU RAN!!!! WHERE ARE THE REST OF'EM, OR AIN'T CHA BEEN RUNNING SINCE?


EL PAPERINO AKA AIN'T GONNA RUN GUY