Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some pictures of William

William sent me some photos today.  So I thought that I would try and post them for him since he has very limited time on the internet lately.  He wont get internet in his room for almost two months so most news will come from me.  There are only two places he can use the internet at, the morale room and the USO they are both closely monitored on time.  They have a 20 minute time limit at both or maybe its 20 at one and 10 at the other but none the less it is limited.  He is doing really well.  They are training with the Army right now and will fully take over the position by the end of the week.  It is a very fast turnover.  He will be working 7 days a week in 14 hour shifts, so he will be very busy with that.  They also want them to be volunteering a few hours of almost everyday at either the hospital or the USO.  I personally think that is a bit much, but oh well.  He has a nice room mate and he is learning his way around.  I will post more tomorrow with pictures from Iraq.

This was when William was awarded BTZ.  If you notice there is an extra stripe on his arm.  They punch it really hard while they are taping the new rank on his uniform.  He had just gotten his small pox vaccine the day before so it hurt really bad!  I am so proud of him for getting BTZ!!!  He is so amazing!
This is a picture from when William was still in training for Iraq.  They take a course in which they learn how to give IV's so everyone in the class gives IV's and of course like in this picture receives IV's.  Look at all that blood!!  It pays to go to someone who has more training than a few hour course.
Here William is putting in the IV.  They took pictures of him doing and made a movie to show future classes!  Crazy, huh?
This is an advertisement for Coke in the German Airport he was stuck in.  This picture is mostly for Amber since she wanted him to try the German coke.  When we ( Amber and I) were in Atlanta we stopped by the coke factory/museum and they have a tasting room where you can taste all the coke products sold around the world.  For Germany coke makes a very bitter drink that would be like our sprite here.  I imagine it tastes like a beer.  He didn't find any of that for her so he took this picture.

2 comments:

WineLover said...

He looks great!

Anonymous said...

YAH, I'D FEEL REAL SECURE HAVING SOMEONE WITH 2 HRS TRAINING PUTTING A NEEDLE IN MY ARM. I WOULD BE CALLING FOR MY MOTHER!!
IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE HAVING A PARTY DOING IT THOUGH. THEY MUST HAVE CENSORED ALL THE PICTURES OF THE GUYS SCREAMING, CRYING, AND RUNNING AROUND BEING TACKLED 'CAUSE THEY WERE NEXT!
EL PAPERINO AKA DON'T DO THE NEEDLE IN THE ARM GUY